International Students

Are you an international student wanting to complete our 4 year naturopathic medicine doctoral program?

Boucher welcomes applications from U.S. and international students to our naturopathic doctor program.

For credentials earned outside of Canada and the United States, a “comprehensive evaluation” must be completed from either International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) or World Education Services (WES) and must demonstrate equivalency to a North American degree.

In order to study in Canada, you will need a study permit. The application process can take up to four months. Please note that you will need the following:

  • Proof of acceptance to Boucher
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation

In addition to these documents, you may have to provide other information when you apply. Check the website of the visa office responsible for your country or region for local requirements.

Graduates from the United States, who plan to return home to practice after graduation, will meet the eligibility requirements for all regulated jurisdictions in the U.S.

Applicants who intend to practice outside North America are advised to contact the local naturopathic medicine licensing body to inquire about requirements for licensing in that country.

* US applicants please note that the Boucher Institute does not currently participate in the US federal student loans program.

Boucher’s minimum requirements for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), are:

  • IELTS (academic): Minimum overall band score of 7.0 or higher (on a 9-point scale) with a minimum of 6.5 in each testing section.  IELTS scores over three years old at the time of application will not be

TOEFL IBT (internet Based Test): Minimum 95 overall with a minimum of 23 in each testing section. TOEFL scores over three years old at the time of application will not be


Student Visas

Visas are required by students who are coming to Boucher from outside Canada. If you have not already done so, please complete the Government of Canada’s Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Consent form (PDF) and send it to  Please also include a copy of your visa in your email as well as proof of the date of landing (this includes stamp in your passport, visa, or airline ticket).

How can I contact the Canadian embassy or consulate?

Please visit the Government of Canada to see where the Canadian embassy or consulate is located in your city or country.



Transcripts for students who have studied outside of North America

Students applying for the four-year Doctor of Naturopathy program who have completed their university study at an institution outside North America must have their transcripts evaluated and translated (if necessary).

For further information, please contact the admissions and student services department


Additional Resources: