Position Title: Academic Administrative Coordinator (Boucher Campus)
Available: March 31, 2021
Applicant Deadline: April 16, 2021
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Academic Administrative Coordinator to coordinate administrative functions for the Academic Department in all areas of faculty support, service and administration.
This position will help to ensure the proper functioning of the department by providing: logistical support to ensure that department information flow meets the needs of the College including administrative support; liaise with faculty members, information management and records maintenance support.
In this challenging position, you will report to the Boucher Campus’ Associate Dean of Academics and be responsible for:
Senior Administrative Support
- Coordinates committees and groups chaired/supervised by the Associate Dean including but not limited to: scheduling, preparation of agenda, acts as recording secretary, prepares and distributes minutes and coordinates follow-up as required
- Provides administrative assistance through the developmental stages of new projects and programs
- Prepares and proofreads all official communications and correspondence (both internal and external) from the Academic department
- Assists in the maintenance of Associate Dean’s timetable, schedule meetings and room bookings as required
- Record Management including department manuals, up-to-date filing system, identifies and recommends system improvements or revisions as required to meet operational requirements
- Co-ordinates department meetings and events including arranging for refreshment, booking location, supplies, notices, etc.
- Assist guest instructors and new faculty in orientation and set up in all academic and payroll systems
- Assists instructors with accessing special supplies or models
- Liaises with faculty members and members of other departments under the direction of the Associate Dean of Academics and the Director of Academic Affairs
- Collects, tracks and stores course materials, including course notes, outlines, exams and assessments, under the direction of the Associate Dean of Academics and Director of Academic Affairs
- Schedules and facilitates deferred and remedial examinations and proctor exam viewing sessions under the direction of the Director of Academic Affairs
- Track and reminds instructors to submit grades in a timely manner, and liaises with instructors to ensure accuracy of submitted grades
- Maintains various department databases and files including those related to:
- Faculty performance reviews
- Student progress
- Assists with the preparation of academic timetables including room bookings, printing and distribution and ensures any changes are communicated to faculty and students in a timely manner
- Liaises with instructors to ensure course materials are posted each term, and keeps Faculty supervisors informed regarding the status of posted materials
- Provides an initial review of syllabi each term, and liaises with instructors and the Director of Academic Affairs regarding syllabi
- Provides oversight of independent track student progress via student database
- Provide independent track students with yearly updates on their progress through the program (i.e. estimated clinic entry and graduation dates)
- Reviews instructor and TA payroll submissions, and follows up as necessary
Department and Project Management
- Develops, reviews and updates department’s projects to ensure needs are met on a consistent basis
- Monitors progression of projects/initiatives through the planning, implementation and evaluation phase and ensure the Dean, Academics is continuously updated on status
- Obtains the necessary resources to facilitate project planning, implementation and evaluation
- Meets agreed upon timelines for project completion
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Post-secondary training in education, business administration, project management or a related field
- Three or more years’ experience in a college/university academic environment
- Highly developed computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access
- Experience with a student information database preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to communicate effectively– both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external representatives to provide academic services at the level required by the organization
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
- Proven ability to maintain organized information systems for projects and/or department including records management
- Demonstrated leadership skills – able to prioritize assignments and assist direct reports as required
- Tact, discretion and sound judgment
Attitude, Actions & Behaviours
- Exemplary customer service skills to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated understanding and support of the organization’s goals and objectives
*In response to COVID-19, this position is currently remote, but may be occasionally be required to be on-site*
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
To Apply: This position reports to the Boucher Campus in New Westminster, BC
Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, salary expectations, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.