Position title: Clinic Manager
Reports to: Associate Dean of Clinical Studies/Chief Medical Officer (ASDC/CMO)
Supervises: Clinic administration staff, Dispensary Manager and Lab Technician
Works with: Administration, facilities, staff and students regarding the effective management of the clinic, it’s facilities and equipment.
BINM operates the Boucher Naturopathic Medical Clinic, an on campus teaching clinic, in downtown New Westminster. The Clinic Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the BINM teaching clinic. This involves coordinating all aspects of clinic management including managing a team of 5-6 people and delegating work tasks, clinic student services, and working as a team member to promote the interconnected educational and business goals of the clinic. The ideal candidate is:
- skilled in customer care and service
- highly organized and reliable
- able to work in a dynamic environment and troubleshoot challenging situations
- able to consistently work effectively with others and demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- an outstanding communicator
This position is full time, and offers a competitive wage and benefits. You must have the availability to work some weekday evenings and weekends, and speak fluent English. General duties and responsibilities are outlined below however from time to time additional duties may be assigned by the ADCS/CMO according to the needs of the Institute.
- Refine, develop and implement procedures to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the clinic, including front desk, dispensary and lab functions, ensuring the clinic follows BINM policies and Provincial and Federal laws
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary
- Scheduling of clinic staff, and clinical intern rotations
- Implement evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Implement and monitor Infection control policy and procedures as outlined by the CMO
- Administer the operational aspect of the clinic budget, provide input to future budget planning, and ensure that the clinic functions within the approved budget including monitoring expenses and inventory
- Participate as a constructive member of BINM’s administration team to achieve the stated mission and goals of the Institute.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary and as assigned by the ADCS/CMO
- Organize and coordinate the activities of the clinic staff (including Dispensary manager and Lab technician) to ensure the clinic is working efficiently at all times
- Provide leadership and problem-solving intervention as required
- Review and approve weekly time records of clinic staff
- Approves all sick and emergency leave in accordance with Boucher policies
- Conduct annual and periodic performance reviews of clinic staff to ensure identifiable outcomes and accountability as per BINM policies and procedures
- Cover front desk duties and tasks as outlined in the Job description for this position when no other coverage is available by
- Ensure cleanliness, safety, security and maintenance of clinic facilities at all times.
- Evaluate, propose, request and monitor necessary equipment and supplies needed for clinical services
Required Education and Skills:
- Education background in healthcare, medical service administration, or customer service. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of five years of post-qualification experience plus relevant work experience in healthcare facility or therapeutic practice
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent patient customer service skills
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with EMR is an asset
- Proficiency in other languages is an asset but not required.
BINM hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time (40 hours per week) including evenings and weekends
Salary: $50,000/year plus extended health benefits and paid time off
About the Boucher Institute:
The Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM) is one of Canada’s leading accredited naturopathic medical schools, offering students naturopathic medical education at the highest standard with a rigorous four year ND program. Boucher Institute graduates are leaders in the practice of naturopathic medicine with a strong commitment and a passionate belief in the efficacy of complementary medicine and a dedication to leading our world toward sustainable health. An innovator in research, education and clinical training, the Boucher Institute operates a fully equipped clinic.