REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Knowledge of routine building and equipment maintenance and minor repair tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow non-complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk or run for long periods of time
- Able to able to push, pull and lift 25lbs
Under the direction of the Facilities Coordinator, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks related to building service work for the upkeep of a safe, clean and healthy living and working environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs to defects within the building. This may include smaller painting and repair jobs.
- Assist contractors on site as required
- Perform routine/weekly facilities check
- Report any problems to the Facilities Coordinator and or the Property manager
- Dispose of cardboard boxes in dumpster
Supplies and Equipment
- Monitor all materials and supplies required for minor repairs, and maintenance and give orders to Facilities Coordinator in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working order and report needs for servicing to the Facilities Coordinator
Classroom and Clinic
- Moving furniture, equipment and supplies as requested
- Monitor storage space
- Assist in removal of unwanted items
- Ensure that all doors are dept closed and all exterior doors close and latch correctly.
- Report any broken or cracked windows to the Facilities Coordinator
- Report any persons who are loitering, in need of medical assistance, trespassing
- Call in emergent issues to the local PD or EMS
- Participate as a constructive member of the Boucher’s administrative team to achieve the stated mission and goals of the Institute.
- Communicate in a positive, regular and timely manner with the supervisor regarding all matters concerning personal performance in the context of this job description and fulfillment of the Institute’s goals and objects.
- Carry out all projects and duties as assigned on a timely basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of all matters entrusted to this position.
Note: this is an 8 hour, one a week (during regular business hours) position for approximately 40 weeks. Rate of pay: $20/hr