Position Title: Manager, Student Life
Available: July 1, 2021
Applicant Deadline: June 18, 2021
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced individual to take on the newly created role of Manager, Student Life. In this challenging position, you will report to the Chief Enrolment Marketing & Communications Officer and be responsible for: the management and development of all aspects of Student Life on both the Toronto and Boucher campuses of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. This position is responsible for developing and implementing a student life plan for overall best experience, working with the student associations to ensure a high quality of student life in addition to student engagement and success. You will oversee activities of the department, and ensure stakeholders needs are met regarding Student Life, Counselling, Special Events. Student Counselors on both campuses report to this position as you coordinate student advising and counseling services.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in education or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an educational environment preferably in a leadership role
- Computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, MS Project
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively– both orally and in writing- with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Tact, discretion and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
- Proven ability to maintain organized information systems for projects and/or department including records management
- Knowledge of Provincial Privacy, Freedom of Information Acts and Ministry of Education policies applicable to CCNM
- Knowledge of accreditation guidelines and academic policy conventions
- Exemplary customer service skills to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients
*In response to COVID-19, this position is currently remote, but may be occasionally be required to be on-site*
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area (New Westminster) known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, salary expectations, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine is committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities throughout the recruitment process. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.