POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Dean of Student Services
POSITION TYPE: Marketing Administrator
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development, creation and execution of BINM’s internal and external communications. This position will involve a wide variety marketing responsibilities with an emphasis on increasing admissions into our Naturopathic Program and patient numbers into our onsite Clinic. This position also includes the management of all related events and professional development opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is a real team player with a collaborative, pro-active attitude and an individual with a service and solutions-orientated approach. Excellent writing and communication skills are needed to succeed. The successful candidate must also be comfortable working at public-facing events such as tradeshows and community booths.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Marketing and Communications
- Writing, contributing and optimizing online content to increase engagement and building targeted communities for social media platforms.
- Managing Social Media Advertising.
- Creating landing page templates.
- Organizing the production of, design and layout of BINM branded collateral (swag) in conjunction with other departments and in collaboration with a designer
- Setting up tracking systems for marketing and communications campaigns and online activities.
- Copy writing as required for internal and external promotional items (Newsletters etc.)
- Updating, developing and creating new content as needed and managing images for website; general maintenance of website.
- Creating and managing the communications portfolio.
- Organizing internal and external events
- Providing assistance with coordinating media and PR for community events, fundraisers and special events and school initiatives and attending tradeshows and external events as needed
- Recruitment, selection and management of volunteers, interns and vendors involved with events (this includes students helping out as part of the professional development program).
- Ensuring events and activities are properly licensed, insured and promoted.
- Participating in weekly Admissions and Marketing meetings.
- Maintaining Continuing Education’s video library
- Participating as a constructive member of Boucher Institute’s administrative team to achieve the stated mission and goals of the Institute.
- Managing relationships with designers and printers
- Communicating in a positive, regular and timely manner with your supervisor in regard to all matters concerning personal performance in the context of this job description and fulfillment of goals and objectives.
- Overseeing and organization of the shared files
- Carrying out all projects and duties assigned on a timely basis.
- Properly accounting and managing invoices from suppliers and freelancers
- Involvement in and management of the Marketing and Communications Budget.
- Maintain confidentiality of all matters entrusted to this position.
- Coordination/oversight of freelancers as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in marketing, communications, business or public relations
- Up to three (3) years of marketing or communications experience in a professional, association or corporate environment preferred.
- High level of attention to details, a keen eye for proofing and copy editing.
- Technically savvy, ability to learn new software and applications quickly and solid understanding of best practices in social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a high level of confidence in using Work, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge ans/or experience using: Word press, Mail chimp, Adobe Suite, In Design, Buffer and others
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a busy work environment delivering consistent and high quality of work within targeted deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to occasionally work evening and weekends as required
- Able to push and pull up to 30lbs (transporting marketing material)
Please submit your cover letter and salary expectations with your application
Salary includes: $35,000- $40,000 a year plus benefits.