Reporting to the Dean of Student Services, the Admissions Advisor is responsible for assisting the Dean with the functions of the Admissions Department of the Boucher Institute. He or she performs key coordinating and relationship building functions in areas of Outreach, Recruitment, and Marketing. This position works in a collaborative manner with colleagues across the Institute to develop and implement student marketing and recruitment strategies.
This is a maternity leave position with the opportunity for converting to permanent full-time employment .
- Participates in the Admissions Committee.
- Coordinates and assists with marketing/recruitment plans to stimulate enrolment growth.
- Assists with organizing and delivering internal recruitment events.
- Explores, schedules and books arrangements for off‐site recruitment events nationally.
- Explores additional recruitment opportunities with other organizations, such as senior secondary schools, post-secondary institutions and at other relevant public events.
- Participates in the Marketing Committee meetings.
- Assists the Dean with the design, production and replenishment of recruitment materials.
- Participates as a member of the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC) Marketing Group as required.
- Makes recommendations for modifications to program admissions requirements/process.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures relating to admissions and recruitment are conducted in accordance with federal and provincial laws and compliant with the standards of various regulatory bodies, such as PTIB and the CNME; sends all updated policy to accrediting bodies as necessary.
- Performs preliminary evaluation of prospective student and new applicant transcripts and confirm that credentials, language proficiency, advanced standing, transfer application and prior credit recognition requirements have been met, and refer any outstanding issues to the Dean or an Academic advisor for review.
- Screens and discusses eligible candidates with the Admissions Committee; recommends interviewees, arranges, schedules and conducts interviews.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of accurate student files. Conducts an audit of all newly enrolled students prior to matriculation to ensure all requirements have been met.
- Ensures the creation, implementation and maintenance of admissions forms, documents and systems for tracking and monitoring student activities/requirements including but not limited to: enrolment contracts and contact information through Orbund and the Naturopathic Doctors Central Application Service.
- Maintains and provides admissions reports and ongoing statistical information as needed.
- Coordinates the provision of front-line services to students in the areas of student recruitment and admissions.
- Responsible for updating and distributing admissions materials, such as application forms and supporting application documents, and the New Student Guide etc.
- Supports the Dean in planning and executing New Student Orientation and other events.
- Post-secondary degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in student recruiting/marketing, educational administration, and/or educational outreach.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience in previous roles demonstrating creativity and initiative;
- Demonstrated strong teamwork abilities;
- Experience in public speaking and representing an organization professionally;
- An understanding of naturopathic medicine would be an asset.
- Access to a vehicle is essential as travel is required. On occasion there may be work off-site and during weekends and evenings.