Position Title: Clinic Front Desk Assistants, part-time (2 positions)
Applicant Deadline: Friday, September 10, 2021
We are currently looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic Part-Time Clinic Front Desk Assistants for our Boucher Naturopathic Medical Clinic. The Clinic Front Desk Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the front desk (reception area) of Boucher Naturopathic Medical Clinic. This includes communicating with patients, student clinicians and supervisors; answering inquiries about the clinic; data entry; organizing and filing patient records; and following opening and closing procedures. General duties and responsibilities include; greeting and directing patients and visitors; responding appropriately to telephone, emails and in-person inquires from clients and other parties; scheduling patient appointments; scanning and organizing patient records into the EMR system, ensuring all paperwork is complete; accepting and processing fee-for-service payments, following opening and closing procedures and ensuring team members are supported and the clinic is a positive, healthy environment.
- Post-secondary education in administrative/business or related studies
- Strong computer literacy in all range of administrative support programs such as MS Word, Excel, accounting software, and databases
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records and financial system such as a point of sale system
- Experience in a customer service focused environment
- Excellent written skills with an emphasis on spelling and grammar
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and superior customer service skills with the ability to interact with others in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Tact and judgment to deal with all levels of staff, faculty and students and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors. The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, salary expectations, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine is committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities throughout the recruitment. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.