Heart & Hands Health Collective is a grassroots, locally-owned and community-focused Community Acupuncture & Holistic Health clinic in the North Park neighbourhood of Lkwungen Territories (Victoria, Southern Vancouver Island, BC).
We are looking for business partners who are social justice-focused and passionate acupuncturists, TCM practitioners or naturopaths to take over our busy and established Community Acupuncture practice. We want to build a new team dedicated to making acupuncture and other complementary health care services inclusive and accessible to everyone.
Serving the community since 2010, Heart & Hands provides hundreds of streamlined acupuncture sessions each month, in a supportive group setting, all at an accessible sliding scale (currently $30-$60/session). Community Acupuncture’s affordability, accessibility and inclusiveness makes it a profound tool for positive social change. It is a means to transforming the way we provide and interact with health care in our society. It fills in the gaps of our medical system, catches who it can, from falling through the cracks and holds space with curiosity, compassion and reverence for the human condition. Community Acupuncture reaches the segment of our community that is often priced-out of accessing higher-cost private practice acupuncture.
Qualifications of eligible candidates:
• Prepared to assume an ownership/business partnership role – We are not looking for employees, but rather mature, stable, resourceful individuals who are interested in carrying on our practice and our client-base for the long term;
• A Registered Acupuncturist (R.Ac.), Practitioner or Doctor of TCM (R.TCMP/D.TCM) or Naturopathic Doctor, ND (with acupuncture certification), insured and in good standing within your respective governing body;
• At least 2 years of clinical experience with a preference for candidates with experience working with individuals from different socioeconomic backgrounds;
• Familiar with accessible/lower barrier treatment models such as Community Acupuncture and/or NADA;
• In order to maintain a similar style of treatment – clinical experience in a group treatment setting and/or providing distal-style treatments, which can be efficiently administered from our zero gravity recliners – ie. Tan’s Balance Method, Master Tung, Miriam Lee;
• Familiar with the framework of sliding scale and how socioeconomic barriers impact the health and well-being of our community;
• Passion for social justice and it’s significance within the social determinants of health;
• Thrive in a fast-paced clinical setting with the ability to multi-task – we are currently providing treatment within a 15 minute window with charting and payment processing done sporadically between appointments;
• Works independently, organized;
• Team player, innovative, creative, problem solver;
• Proficient skills in marketing, social media and outreach OR willingness to learn;
• Weekly availability of a minimum of 12 hrs (equivalent of 3 x 4 hr shifts);
• The dedication, drive and vision to maintain and grow our practice as well as to develop and implement new strategies to attract new clientele and improve client care.
If you are interested in the important role of taking over Heart & Hands, tell us more about yourself and why you would be a fit for our client-base. We especially welcome BIPOC and LGBTQIA2+ practitioners and would love to pass the torch to candidates who have had a lived experience of facing barriers to receiving health care services and/or working with individuals who have faced such barriers.
We are currently testing the waters to find eligible candidates to build our new operational team. Once the team is more solidified, a business/ownership structure will be determined and negotiated. This is an ongoing process that will evolve based on the specific needs of eligible candidates. A separate administrative office manager position will also be hired based on those needs.
All necessary training and ongoing mentorship will be provided to help eligible candidates to transition into assuming the responsibility of operations and to support future growth of the practice.
Please thoroughly navigate our website to get a sense of the culture and values at Heart & Hands. To gain a deeper sense of the demographics of our client-base as well as the impact we’ve made in the community, please visit our Humans of Heart & Hands stories project, https://www.heartandhandscommunity.ca/humans/
Ensure that your application explicitly addresses all skills and criteria listed above as well as why you are a suitable candidate to assume responsibility for this important hub of community holistic health care.
Interested individuals, email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org your:
• Letter of interest
• 2 references
Closing deadline: 09/30/2021
We are a busy establishment with set office hours, please no walk-ins or phone calls
For a full description, visit, www.heartandhandscommunity.ca/join-our-team