Position Title: Senior Accountant
Applicant Deadline: Friday, September 3, 2021
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Accountant to provide senior level financial expertise in the Finance Department. In this challenging position, you will report to the Controller and be responsible for the maintenance and analysis of the general ledger; assist in the preparation of draft monthly financial statements; reconcile cash and balance sheets, bank statements and approve cash receipt summaries; liaise with outside auditors and compile the audit working paper maintaining a high standard of accuracy, provides backup and support in overseeing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Functions, assists the finance team in troubleshooting discrepancies and problem solving non-recurring issues and provides ongoing coaching, to other finance staff to ensure their performance of duties in an efficient and effective manner.
The ideal candidate will be located at the New Westminster, BC campus although candidates able to work at our Toronto, ON campus will be considered.
· Completion of a CPA designation with a minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in accounting
· Experience with computerized accounting software (preferably Microsoft NAV) and Microsoft Office
· Experience with preparation and analysis of Financial Statements and General Ledger account reconciliations
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
· Ability to provide financial services at the level required by the organization
· Tact, discretion and ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
· Proven ability to maintain organized financial systems for projects and/or department including records management
· Demonstrated leadership skills – able to prioritize assignments and assist direct reports as required
· Exemplary customer service skills to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients
*In response to COVID-19, this position is currently remote, but may be occasionally be required to be on-site*
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors.
The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area (New Westminster) known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Human Resources Department Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, salary expectations, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine is committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities throughout the recruitment. Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.